Humann Principal, WELL AP and WELL Faculty Member Daniel A. Huard Brings WELL to the-EnergyEXPO, Huard will be leading and Facilitating his full day workshop which is a definitive introduction to WELL. Huard provided “Participants will build on introductory topics, such as the organization and development of the WELL Building Standard, to intermediate topics, which outline key processes within WELL Certification.” Key public health research is discussed to provide a basis for the seven WELL Concepts, and project support tools and resources are outlined. The process for developing Alternative Adherence Paths are presented in the context of a scenario. As well as procedures for seeking equivalencies, using Cross walks, and developing innovations. Finally, preconditions are presented in the context of a project scenario, and a breakout activity which utilizes expert groups and a project checklist allows participants to consolidate their learning.
Huard a veteran Keynote Speaker and long time participant in shows like the Energy Expo shares that the goals of the workshop are to add exposure to the participants of the Energy Expo such that they in addition to gaining credential maintenance for their participation they will also become familiar with the WELL Building Standard in addition to how energy efficiency can also increase wellness. Huard in addition to being a member of the Global WELL Faculty for the International WELL Building Institute is also a LEED Fellow and global authority on the various LEED Rating Systems having being listed as a contributing author to LEED v4 and most recently LEED v4.1. Given Huard’s extensive background as a noted Mechanical Engineer and Sustainable Systems designer the organizers of the Energy Expo share the great benefit that the attendees of this Workshop as Huard Brings WELL to the-EnergyEXPO in addition to being able to relate WELL principles and protocols to the participants.
As is typical with AIA, LEED and other Credential Maintenance Programs for Professional Credentials Huard shared the respective “LEARNING OBJECTIVES” of this WELL Workshop with participants upon completion being able to:
– Describe the structure of the WELL Building Standard, including the certification processes and the key differentiators.
– Explain the intent of each WELL Concept and identify key public health issues which underpin them.
– Outline how to leverage the excessive resources and citations within the WELL Building Standard to demonstrate the value of WELL Certification.
– Outline verification documentation required for feature 41, Hand Washing of the WELL Building Standard v1.
– List the shading solutions and design elements that meet the requirements for Part 2: Daylighting Management of Feature 56, Solar Glare Control of the WELL Building Standard v1.
– Explain biophilia and how biophilic design elements can be incorporated into building design as part of Feature 88, Biophilia I – Qualitative of the WELL Building Standard v1.
Here is a link to this program offering at >> the Energy Expo 2020 as well as the other offerings and keynotes at the conference including:
Advancing Building Envelope Efficiency by Daniel Huard, LEED Fellow, WELL Faculty, PMP, LFA, ASHRAE CPMP, GGA, GPCP, Founding Principal Humann Building Solutions, LLC., CEO, Global GreenTag Americas on February 13th
Advances within LEED v4.1 which address Energy and the Water Energy Nexus by Emma Hughes, LEED AP BD+C, LEED Project Manager, US Green Building Council & Daniel Huard, LEED Fellow, WELL Faculty, PMP, LFA, ASHRAE CPMP, GGA, GPCP, Founding Principal Humann Building Solutions, LLC., CEO, Global GreenTag Americas on February 13th
Copyright © 2020, D.A.Huard, Copyright © 2020, Humann Building Solutions, LLC.
Logo and Program information provided with permission Copyright © 2020, Show Winners Corp. www.TheEnergyExpo.com